Friday 23 October 2009

evaluation of mandy's work

The work we did in our Creative Media class was to design and create a CD Cover for a band of our choice.

The designs I created are now finished and I am happy with them. The design process helped me to edit them and make them better in both shape and color. Certain web sites helped me to create the designs. The website I used which gave me some great ideas and helped me pick the colours and design ideas was Dreamland Designs (heavy metal and rock designs page).

The first thing we did was to look at artefacts and what their uses were. This helped us to understand what to expect and how the CD should be designed.

The work I did on artefacts was about presenting how we use them and how they are made. Then I gathered some examples of old and new artefacts onto an A3 piece of paper to show what artefacts are.

Then the next task I had to do was to find what sort of CD covers and music we liked. I chose the a heavy metal and rock orientated design cover by choosing the cd covers of Avenge Seven Fold, City Of Evil, Dragon Force Inhuman Rampage, Disturbed Indestructable. Finally, for influences from my heritage I chose an irish drinking songs CD.

Then I had to say why I had chosen them which was pretty easy. I chose them because of the color and the designs, Which make them jump off the cover. This is because when heavy metal fans walk down the isles of record shops they are looking for a good CD to buy.

I liked the designs and the fact that they stood out. They caught my eye with the dark backgrounds and bright colored fore-ground images.

The task to find the target audience who would buy the CD and explain why they would buy it.
The final part of the unit was to design and create the CD covers.I did this by choosing Wild Rampage and City Of Sins. Out of my six designs.
The final designs have been made and completed.
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment