Thursday 22 October 2009

EVALUATION of unit 4 - creating a record. 2/11/09

Q1. Describe Batman's character: batman as a character of the dc comics range is a very dark and mysterious vigilante who seeks to avenge his family who were killed when he was young in front of his eyes and to make sure his city of Gotham is safe from the crazed mischief of the insane and the evil from criminal gangs to the truly insane his nemesis and the man who killed his parents the Joker.
Q2. what sounds did you choose and what musical ideas did you use in your first song: I used a very slow yet dark entrance theme with very loud and low sound my first try was with the mixed and church choir but when they failed I turned to the violins with the tubular bells over the top.
Q3. describe the choices you made to develop your music as the credits unfold: For the credits I use twelve tracks which are in order of appearance The violins, tubular bells, orchestral kit, percussion kit, timpani, clarinet, mellow organ, glockenspiel, timpani tremolo, mixed choir, falling stars sync.
Q4. how did you create your batman theme: Small intervals of a semitone (crematic) centered around the note D, the motif repeats a note higher on the third verse, the end motif finishes on the note E.
Q5. what happens at the end of the song as gothom city scene begins: At the end of my theme I have a very loud and sharp choir singing for about 1 second and the tech-no noise of the falling stars tech-no chimes, this brings in the end of the entrance and hails in the start of the Gothom City scene.
Q6. knowing know what you have learnt in logic 8 and in class what would you change in the song if you could and why: If I could have changed things about how I created the song I would have been more experimental with the beginning. And the entrance of the batman symbol I would have liked to see how it would have been if I had made the entrance faster or sharper rather than the slow mysterious start I have used.
I would have changed the instruments I used to create my melody to try and make it stand out more and if that failed then I would have tried to make the beat or background music quieter so the melody can be heard better.
I should have added more loops instead of copy and pasting the notes to repeat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment